Thursday, November 26, 2009

Children's Hair Color?

I have bright, medium colored red hair with brown eyes and fair skin w/ freckles. My fiance has dark skin, dark (almost black) hair, and brown eyes as well. I know you can never know for sure, esp. with red heads, but a nice educated guess on what our children could look like would be fun.



My parents:



***My mom has medium brown hair and brown eyes however half her siblings have blonde hair, blue eyes. She has light skin.



***My dad has medium brown hair with red-auburn sideburns and beard. He also has brown hair and light skin and freckles.



His parents:



***His mom is VERY Jewish. Black, brittle hair with dark skin a brown eyes.



***His dad however is Scottish and has blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He had a medium skin tone with some freckles.



My fiance has a couple red hairs in his head so I am not sure if he is carrying the red gene.



Children's Hair Color?

This is just an educated guess, but being as blue eyes and blonde hair are recessive traits and brown eyes and dark hair are dominant, I would say there is a good chance your children will have dark hair and brown eyes. The hair could end up blonde or red, but I would say you are pretty much guaranteed brown eyes. It would take two recessive alleles to make your child's eyes blue and since both his parents have brown eyes and both of yours do as well, you are both probably not going to contribute a reccessive allele. Brown hair is dominant so even one dominant allele from either of you will make the child's hair brown. But remember, anything could happen. We can't really know what genes you both have to work with so you may be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect