Friday, June 18, 2010

Red hair for a butternut blonde?

Hi, I have long butternut blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin. I am seriously considering dyeing my hair red temporarily to see if it looks better. Based on my appearance, is it wise to try out red hair? If so, would even temporary colour ruin my natural hair colour? Also, what product should I use, and what shade would you recommend? Thanks in advance :-)



Red hair for a butternut blonde?

I am a professional Colourist from LA.



Most likely you would make a wonderful redhead...can you afford to have it done professionally?? that is always the best... if not...you need to know that there is what is called SEMI permanent color....that uses NO peroxide and is great for a "first timer"...I would highly suggest that for a test run...that way you can have a little trial run on different colour hair and get out of it and back to what sounds like a nice head of hair....



Colour done the proper way will never ruin your hair.



If you are doing it yourself go to the very best BEAUTY supply around to purchase the products DO NOT BUY BOX HAIR COLOUR. THEY are HORRIBLE; hair stylists like them because they say they are : job security. People that use them ruin their hair and then have to go to a Salon and get it fixed.



Go to Beauty supply and read my section on home hair colouring on my HAIR BLOG.



Red hair for a butternut blonde?

A blue eyed fair skinned redhead, ummmmmmmm



Red hair for a butternut blonde?

Temporary color shouldn't permanently affect your color, as long as you don't go too much darker than your natural shade. I would probably start with something strawberry blonde, so it's not too much of a change.



I recommend "Saharan Rose" from Natural Instincts. A friend of mine who has yellowy blonde hair naturally tried this one and it looked really nice on her, and did wash out after a month or so.



Red hair for a butternut blonde?

Yes,you would make a beautiful red head.I would reccommend trying strawberry blond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect